Powerful drink ideas for viral fever or dengue home remedy
Divya's Dietu - Health Bites 17-Feb-2021
A. Provide adequate electrolytes:
- Coconut Water
- Oral Rehydration Salt
B. Take care of the number of micronutrients and phytonutrients
- Fruit Juices
- (Lemon Juice/ Amla Juice/ Guava Juice/ Pomegranate Juice/ lemon Juice/ Papaya Juice)
- Vegetable Soup
- (Tomato Soup/ Spinach Soup/ Pumpkin Soup)
- Milk-Based Beverages
- (Buttermilk/ Chaas/Turmeric milk)
- Medicated Tea
- (Turmeric Tea/ Tulsi Tea)
C. Extend the platelet count –
- Papaya Leaves Juice (in case of severe dengue)
- Guava Leaves Juice
- Coriander Leaves Juice
How much should you drink per day?
- The patient must drink 3-4 liters of fluid per day. you'll attempt to provide 50% of the fluid from juice/soup/tonic/ tea etc. and rest by beverage.
- One can choose a cup of medicated tea (turmeric or tulsi), 1-2 glasses of fruit juices (any one or two mentioned above), 1 glass of milk, 1-2 bowls of minestrone, and 1-2 homemade herbal tonic (as mentioned above) together with 7-8 glasses of plain water.
- Over drinking of fruit juice, milk all at once might not be a decent idea. Therefore, plan the fluid distribution mindfully.
What should you not drink?
- I know making fruit juices or petite marmite could be a task. don't try and make your life easy with packaged fruit juices or instant soup mix or soft drinks.
- Regardless of how healthy they claim, they're nothing but a combination of assorted sorts of sugar, chemicals, and preservatives.
- Yes, often they claim that they're added with vitamins and minerals, but the study suggests that mostly they're not being absorbed in our gut. So, it’s pointless. Make fresh juice, soup reception. it’s the simplest choice any time any day.
Bottom Line –
- Fluids are essential for viral fever and dengue home remedy.
- Drinking enough fluid- 3-4 liters per day during viral fever or dengue isn't an option but a necessity to stay the health situation in check. water seems to be simple but very hard to follow.
- Add fresh fruit juices, homemade vegetable soups, milk, leaf extract to confirm supply of all the essential nutrients, electrolytes and to extend the platelet count.
- Consider the patient’s food tolerance level and taste before offering any drink. Encourage, ensure and moreover let the patient enjoy the drinks throughout the day.