Why Arya was the person to kill The Night King?
Mahalakshmi P - Infobite May 1, 2019
"Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 3, The Long Night"
The long wait is over! Winter finally came and lasted for 80 long minutes. An out and out, detailed, nail biting night war sequence ended with an unexpected finish made this episode an epic in every way.
It has to be Arya:
It is impossible to kill a villain like The Night King directly. He needs an element of surprise and diversion. Arya, because of her age and size can be easily underestimated. But the level of maturity and life experience she got in her journey after Ned Stark's death is incomparable! Arya deserve killing The Night King and vice versa.
It should not be Jon Snow:
Game of Thrones - Unexpected happenings. Bearing this direct synonym, if Jon Snow killed The Night King it would be a shame for the show.
Arya had no idea about 'how the White walkers look, fight' which made her fearless towards them. She only knew a dragon glass could kill them and her ultimate focus is to save her people. The fight with the weapon she asked Gendry to design was a trailer for her fearless attitude. The main picture is when she switched the dagger to the other hand and stabbed The Night King!
The dagger which Arya used to kill The Night King had an interesting journey in GOT right from season 1.
- An assassin came with this dagger to kill Bran in Winterfell. Summer (Bran's dire wolf) saved him.
- Catelyn Stark took the dagger to Kings Landing to show that to Ned Stark. She gave it to Ned and returned.
- Littlefinger took the dagger from Ned Stark and holds it to his throat during Ned's arrest. The dagger was under Littlefinger's possession for many episodes.
- Littlefinger gave the dagger to Bran while trying to ingratiate himself to the Stark kids who were suspicious of him.
- Bran gave the dagger to Arya! He simply knew it!
* To all those who shouts "Arya is too young to kill the legendary villain of all time, it was a bad decision" - WATCH GOT ALL OVER AGAIN!!